Shop for Self-Care
If you’re looking for tools for your self-care routine, you’ve come to the right place! Here you will find a wide range of books, products, and all the great goodies I personally created or use for my own self-care routine
Why Upgrade Your Beauty and Self-Care Products?
There is a mind-boggling amount of environmental toxins that impact your body each and every day. Our environment has become incredibly polluted over the last 50 years, brought on by industrial farming practices and general pollution of air, land and sea.When you pair this with stealth infections and compromised gut health, it’s a recipe for disaster when it comes to your health.
Additionally, we are exposed to many more man-made chemicals (so-called xenobiotics ) today – present in medications, beauty products, cleaning supplies, residual pesticides in foods and even in the air that we breath everyday! This is why it is crucial to start lowering your toxic load anyway you can by upgrading products that you bring into your home, by eating organic whenever possible, and avoid foods that are higher in toxins like gluten, packaged foods, and fast foods.
As a certified health coach, trained professional chef, and certified yoga teacher, over the last 15 years I have tested many products and written many health-related books. I’ve included my top pick of products here. I use them myself and are high quality, but they also have to meet certain safety criteria. Sadly, most manufacturers do not have your safety in mind when they create products, so do your research and protect your health.
There are plenty of products out there that claim health benefits when in fact then increase you toxic load with ingredients that can compromise you health as well. Remember that make-up and cleaning products are regulated as food products are, but anything that goes on your skin or into the air also goes into your body! This doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy beauty products and air fresheners, just do your research and upgrade your self-care and clean beauty regime gradually. Find out how to avoid hazardous ingredients in your skin care, cleaning products and more on EWG Skin Deep. EWG (the Environmental Working Group a non-for-profit) has tracked chemical safety since 1993, and has called out bad chemicals and the companies that use them.
When it comes to choosing products, I look for several criteria before something to become my go-to favorite! Here are some of the things I look for:
- Beauty products that smells good made with toxic-free scents derived from essential oils. Products that are free from a long list of other toxic ingredients.
- Performs well in the case of tech or tracking tools and is made from non-toxic materials
- For candles I choose scents that are fresh or rich but don’t overpower. Candles listed here are phthalate-free fragrance and essential oils, soy wax, with lead-free wicks
- Teas contains anti-cancer compounds, liver-protective, and taste good
- Supplements that are medical-grade and recommended by doctors I personally work with and supplements I that I personally take that work for me as well
- Essential oils that are safe and non-toxic, please check the usage before applying some essential oils directly to your body. Please be aware that some essential oil brands are not food grade and not all essential oils are safe to ingest.